Las Fotos Project welcomes volunteers from all walks of life, and from all over the world. Here are some examples of our virtual and on-site opportunities:
- Mentoring (in-person and e-mentoring)
- Administrative assistance
- Grant research
- Event coordination
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community! If you are interested in learning more about our administrative, fundraising, and event planning opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOME A MENTOR
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer mentor with Las Fotos Project, please review the information below, and CLICK HERE to start the volunteer application process. Once you’ve completed the application, we’ll schedule a time to chat and we can work with you to create the volunteer opportunity that’s best for you.
Guidelines for Applying to Volunteer as a Mentor with Las Fotos Project
Las Fotos Project works with 30-40 volunteer mentors at 12-15 locations per term and accepts applications to volunteer on a rolling basis. The number of mentor positions available varies depending on the location and time of application. If you have any preference for location please make sure to note that in the application.
Last Fotos Project holds workshops year-round during the fall, spring, and summer. Workshops are two hours long and meet once per week. Las Fotos Project is located in communities throughout Los Angeles including: Boyle Heights, Koreatown, East Los Angeles, Huntington Park, MacArthur Park, South Central Los Angeles, and several satellite locations abroad.
Trainings are usually held in the fall and spring. Applications are reviewed in the weeks prior to trainings and qualified applicants are invited to attend. If you are applying at any other time, you will receive a confirmation that your materials were received. Further communications will follow, closer to training season. We appreciate your patience.
To learn more about our programs, click here.
Thank you very much for your interest in Las Fotos Project. Click here to apply.
Workshop Session Schedules
- Summer (intensive introduction) – One-week commitment in the month of July; meeting three consecutive days for 5 hours.
- Fall (official start of new program cycle) – Twelve-week commitment from September to December; meeting once per week for two hours per session.
- Spring (continuing from fall session) – Twelve-week commitment from February to May; meeting once per week for two hours per session.
Checklist for Las Fotos Project Volunteer Applicants
- Submit application. Applications due: Wednesday, August 12 by 5PM PST.
- Orientations take place:
- Esta Soy Yo: Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 10AM-2PM PST.
- Digital Promotoras: August 28, 2016 from 10AM-12PM PST
- Limitless: September 3, 2016 from 10AM-12PM PST
- Exposures: September 3, 2016 from 2PM-4PM PST
- Live Scan Submitted by: Saturday, September 10, 2016
- Ready to begin workshops by: As soon as Live Scan is received and approved by Las Fotos Project staff you will be contacted with next steps.